Here is a copy of the signed contract between Georgetown, IL and Sunrise Coal, LLC (Hallador Energy) for production water for the proposed Bulldog Mine. This copy was obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request. Georgetown has not made it easily available or discussed its specifics in public.
Major points of the contract include:
- 300,000 gallons/day for the first 2 years
- 500,000 gallons/day for the next 28 years
- This is for treated drinking water, even though it is being used for washing coal
- Sunrise Coal will pay to install the 12-mile pipeline from Georgetown to the mine surface facility
- Georgetown will then be given all of the infrastructure
- Sunrise Coal will pay residential rates ($8.80/1000 gallons) for the first year. They will negotiate a rate to be paid the remaining years. The contract stipulates this should be a discounted rate.
- The contract is for 30 years. Sunrise Coal has an option to extend for another 10 years. Georgetown cannot veto the extension.
- The contract can be transferred if Sunrise Coal chooses to sell their facility.